I Remember You

I know.

I KNOW.

It’s been a while.

But as R.E.M once said, this is part of Life’s Rich Pageant – we grow and move on and do things. You know…things. (I am about the segue in the most awkward way possible. Hold on to your hats)

Speaking of doing things, let me tell ya what’s happening with this crazy cat. Let me dial you in to the deets of my existence since we last spoke here.

1. I am still in recovery! I think we panic when we see someone disappear off the blogosphere. But it’s all good! 7+ years now of continuous sobriety. That’s a good thing, eh? <—my Canadian is showing.
  2. I retired my podcast, Buzzkill Pod, as I found myself not having much to say about recovery any more. It was time to let that love child go run into the streets and start a rickshaw business (or whatever, I don’t keep track of these things.) But I am very grateful for those who followed and listened. I will probably get into some other podcast at some point, but for now…thank you.
  3. I am still getting orders for my book, Longing For The Spirit. If you haven’t picked it up, get it! Thanks to the unknown algorithms of Amazon, and probably some other voodoo curses involved, the price is considerable cheaper than before. About $5 before shipping. So you know, pony up while the good is gettin’!
  4. I have quit my job.
  5. Whoa wait – what was that, number 4???
  6. Yes I quit my job and for the last few months I have been doing some intensive training as a life coach.
  7. Johnny Depp sure has changed.
  8. Anyways, yes! I have started and created my own life and personal development coach business.

The website is up HERE.

paul-logo-v1
Pretty snazzy logo. I cannot in any way, shape or form take credit for it.

I am really excited to be working with people in a whole new way. It feels good to move from one passion (working as an executive chef and hospitality leader) to another (coaching similar folks to either reignite the passion for their careers or to carve out a new exciting path in their lives). I love to hold a space for others, to advocate for them and to hold their vision. I enjoy digging into inner blocks and helping people come up with plans to move forward. In many ways, it harkens to how we have all been there for one another in recovery, and how we continue to hold one another up. I feel like I have had a leg up with others I study with, as I have been able to help others in recovery, to hold their vision of a better life and to create ways to improve their lives.

I want to thank all of you who I have had the pleasure of knowing and connecting with over the years here. I am not retiring this blog. It feels too much like home to me. But while it sits a bit dark, there is always a little light burning. That light is hope. And you all have helped to fan that flame. So thank you.

Paul Author 2
NOT Johnny Depp

Please check out the site – and connect with me on social media if you can! The links are in the website. I am always around. And hey, just say hi either here or there.

Much love to all and blessings,

1. 1jaded1 says:

Thanks for the update! Best wishes on your new and continuing journeys.

1. Paul S says:

Thanks so much! I saw your avi there and smiled. So great to see you! Hope you are well!

2. Good to hear from you. Still here too, just older, not sure about wiser, still sober, hit 5 years a month ago. Good luck on your new journey.
    Sharon

1. Paul S says:

Hey Sharon! So lovely to see you! And congrats on the 5 years!! That’s fabulous! (I am excited. I like exclamation marks). Blessings to you, my friend!

3. jeffstroud says:

Good for you Paul! I think this is a great evolution of who you are as well as who you are becoming! I am with you brother! (((Hugs)))

1. Paul S says:

Thanks Jeff! I appreciate your support as always. You are a wonderful spirit.

4. bgddyjim says:

Glad you’re still at it Paul! Good luck in all you do!

1. Paul S says:

Thanks my friend! I hope the toads and trails have been good to you this summer! Blessings – Paul.

1. bgddyjim says:

No megadeath this year! Woohoo! All is fairly well.

5. Hearon (HD) says:

You are amazing! I mean that!

1. Paul S says:

Dude! Thank so much 🙂

6. I’m so happy for you!!
    Sending lots of love !!
    xo
    Wendy

7. Ainsobriety says:

Congratulations on your new endeavour. I love the logo.
    Please keep us up to date with how this goes. It’s inspiring to see people follow their dreams.
    Anne

1. Paul S says:

Thanks so much, Anne! So nice to see you!

8. saoirsek says:

How exciting, I left my job too. Didn’t get sober to be miserable🙂

1. Paul S says:

No kidding, eh? Congrats on taking on a new path! So exciting!!

9. Reena Davis says:

We seem to be on similar paths. I’ll be 18 years sober this September – wow did that fly by!- and quit my job in July and am doing health coaching 🙂 Life s good!

1. Paul S says:

No way!! Congrats on the upcoming soberversary and also for your health coaching! That’s fantastic! I would love to hear more about your services!

1. Reena Davis says:

Thanks! I’m going to check out your website for sure. Mine is http://www.reenadavis.com if you want to check out what I do 😀

1. Paul S says:

Fantastic! Looking forward to seeing what you do! I appreciate this 🙂

1. Reena Davis says:

Great website Paul. Do you do phone coaching? If I run into anyone in the hospitality industry I’d like to be able to refer.

2. Paul S says:

Hi Reena – so sorry for the delay. Yes! I do phone coaching. I also work with professionals who are looking to transition in any way – careers, etc. Not all my clients are in the hospitality, but certainly that is my focus. Thank you so much!
            (I also do virtual like Zoom or Skype, etc)

10. Sooo…how’s this for a universe ponytail tug….I have one of my health coaching podcoasts playing as I’m reading your post. So exciting to see you hear and squeezing the pulp out of life. Heading over to your website right now!

1. Paul S says:

Thanks M! I hope you are well! (The Universe is a wild and crazy place 😉 )

11. Aw, yes! Life Coach is purrfect for you! Feels like you finally found your groove, P. Though I’ve always enjoyed your posts, I’ve no doubt you will do great things and find more of yourself in your new endeavor.

Onward and upward!
    D.

12. Debbie says:

Just got your book. Can’t wait to crack it open on the bus ride home tonight. What an accomplishment!

13. Gosh, I have missed SO MUCH lately! As in the last couple of years. And I totally owe you an email. You have a book? It is stupid cheap on Kindle, so I am buying it right now. I am glad that you are doing well and continue to great things, my friend! xo

Kristina

1. Not Kindle, paperback? Those things still exist? Kidding, I’m a librarian all! LOL. Ordered!!! xo

14. LK Smith says:

YEAH!! Good to hear. You’re so right.. when we don’t see people who blog regularly slip off, we wonder. Yippee for you and the new gig. That’s tremendous. The website looks amazing so I’m off to check it out. Best, Linda

15. lifecorked says:

Hi Paul! I’m so happy to hear things are going well for you! I love popping over here to see some familiar faces. I look forward to hearing more about your new adventures. All is well here! Still sober and now just trying to survive my tween daughter and middle school – yikes! Wish me luck – haha!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )